The Communications and Administrative Assistant assist the Old East Village BIA staff to implement a range of initiatives which will promote the Old East Village commercial district and engage the BIA membership through various communication strategies.
This position will work through the BIA Manager to:
- Assist with the implementation of any ongoing advertising, marketing and communication strategies.
- Update and maintain the BIA database of local businesses and customers.
- Support monthly BIA Board Meetings.
- Assist with updates to promotion materials.
- Develop business resources information package.
- Support business promotion events.
- Provide general administrative support.
- Perform other tasks as requested by the BIA Manager
Education and Experience
- Must be creative and imaginative and have excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Publisher is required.
- Knowledge of Illustrator would be an asset.
- Marketing, Communications or Administrative qualification or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to work independently and within an interdisciplinary team.
This position reports through the BIA Manager to the Board of Directors.
This is a 9 week (30 hour per week) contact as part of the Canada Summer Jobs Program. Applicants must be between 15-30 years old to apply. CV with a cover letter will be accepted until May 21, 2019 at firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject Line: NAME – Communications Submission