We're Hiring! OEV BIA Communications Assistant
Updated: Apr 27
Old East Village Business Improvement Area
The Communications Assistant will assist the Old East Village BIA staff during the summer months to promote the area while providing regular updates to BIA members. This will include a range of initiatives which will market the Old East Village to London and beyond as well as to engage BIA membership through various communication strategies.
This is a Canada Summer Jobs position that will be for eight weeks between the months of May and September at a rate of $17 per hour for 35 hours per week.
• must be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment
This position will work through the BIA Manager to:
· Support the OEV BIA Event Calendar through logistical and communications assistance
· Be the key point of contact for BIA members regarding queries and concerns
· Assist with the implementation of advertising, marketing, and communication strategies
· Support the BIA social media maintenance and general mailbox email monitoring
· Assist with the implementation of the Core Area Construction Dollar Program
· Support business promotional events
· Provide general administrative office support including reception
· Perform other tasks as requested by the BIA Manager
Education and Experience
· Graduate or current student of a post-secondary diploma/degree program in an applicable field (e.g., marketing, public relations, communications or business)
· Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite/ Google Docs is required
· Ability to create a variety of content to assist in the management of Social Media platforms
· Experience in WIX website maintenance would be an asset
· Knowledge of Illustrator, or other design suites would be an asset
· Demonstrates excellent attention to detail
· Ability to create and maintain strong relationships
· Must be creative and imaginative and have excellent communication skills, written and verbal
· Ability to work independently and within an interdisciplinary team
This position reports through the BIA Manager to the Old East Village Board of Directors.
CV with a cover letter will be accepted at firstname.lastname@example.org until May 31st, 2023
Subject Line: NAME – Communications Submission
Only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.